Outdoor Timbit Jamboree
Under-5 & Under-7 Tim Hortons Timbits Jamboree
Sun Jun 21, 2020 (Cancelled)
Saskatoon Sports Centre, 150 Nelson Rd - outdoor turf field
All mini U5 & U7 teams sponsored by Tim Hortons receive an automatic bonus game in their league schedule.This fun game is at the SaskTel Sports Centre and teams get the opportunity to meet Tim Hortons representatives in receiving a free medal and treat to finish off the season. Also on site will be blow-up fun houses!
- Tim Hortons Jamboree Schedule
- Jamboree Information & Field Map
- Google Map - Click Here
- EXTREME HEAT: Greater attention to players is necessary when playing in high temperatures. The artificial turf adds several degrees. Make sure players have water and to seek shade after playing. Teams should agree to extra breaks during games and after warmups. A water misting spray will be available to help cool players as needed.
- RAIN or FIELD CONDITIONS: If it is raining the two team's coaches will use their judgment as to whether or not they wish to play the game. If there is standing water on fields teams may try to adjust the cones and flags to an area suitable to play as long as it isn’t too close to another field; if not possible teams are to cancel the game and reschedule if desired. The tournament coordinator will assess the fields throughout the weekend and cancel or move certain fields/games if necessary. Any cancellations of games or field changes will be posted on the SYSI website and on the weather line (306) 975-3414 throughout the weekend but in most cases coaches are to use their best judgment. If games are delayed due to weather or any other reason they are not permitted to play later into the next scheduled game time and will not be moved indoors as we do not have adequate space for all games. Teams can agree to not play a game or agree upon a suitable reschedule time and place on an alternate day on a city grass field.
- THUNDER & LIGHTNING: If thunder is heard or lightning spotted teams are to leave the field and seek shelter immediately and wait out the weather or choose to go home. The safe rule of thumb is to wait 30 minutes after hearing the last rumble of thunder to go back outside. For more information please see the CSA Lightning Safety and Severe Weather Policy.
- RESCHEDULING: (All teams): Games cancelled or unplayable due to weather will not be rescheduled by SYSI. If you wish to contact the other team and reschedule at a later time in the week and do not have their contact information please refer to our website for team contact information on the coach page or contact tournament headquarters (306) 975-3413 and we will provide you with the contact information. Teams can still pick up their medals until 5:30pm Sunday at tournament headquarters.
- MEDALS & TEAM TREATS: All teams, regardless of weather or if the game was played or not, may still visit headquarters (look for the Tim Hortons tent) to collect player Timbit medals & treats prior to going home. If it is raining hard all afternoon and the two team coaches have agreed not to play they can send a representative instead of the whole team to collect the medals & treats, especially if lightning showers pose a safety risk. Regardless of weather conditions there will always be someone at headquarters to hand out medals & treats for your team during the event and it WILL NOT BE CANCELLED as conditions can change throughout the day.