Non-League Player Registration
Out-of-District Players: Out-of-district players need to provide confirmation of good standing from their Member Organization or District to register through SYSI and are not to be registered with SSA already through their Member Organization.
- Non-League Academy Players - For players in Whitecaps and ASTRA -
- Non-League Tournament Players - For players wishing to participate as a Guest Player in a tournament
NON LEAGUE PLAYER RESTRICTIONS & PRIVILEGES:
Non-league players registering through SYSI for the purpose of SSA Registration status will have the following RESTRICTIONS:
- Participation as a SYSI non-league player is restricted to participation with an SSA member organization team for sanctioned tournaments or provincials and if the non-league player is a resident of Saskatoon than the home zone has first right of refusal to obtain such player as a tournament or provincial guest player.
- Non-league players may not form full non-league teams to participate in tournaments unless the team is submitted and represented by the member Zone and all players are resident of that member Zone.
- May not form teams to participate in SYSI leagues unless given special permission.
- May not participate as a permit player for SYSI scheduled games including SYSI league games, exhibition games, and city playoff games.
- May not request transfer onto an SYSI league team unless registration with home zone occurs at which time all SYSI Rules and Regulations must be adhered to.
Non-league players registering through SYSI for the purpose of SSA Registration status will have the following PRIVILEGES:
- Excluding the participation of SYSI league games in any capacity, players who form non-league teams which are recognized by an SYSI member organization or Astra Academy, or players who wish to act as a guest player may benefit from the use of sanctioned referees, participating in friendly matches with any team registered through their provincial body, participating in tournaments and provincials as approved by the tournament organizing body, application for travel permits through the SYSI district, and the participation of any provincial/regional training programs.
- Tournament organizers including provincials, SISCO, Zones, and out-of-town tournaments are to have sole authority over accepting non-league players or teams into their tournaments.
- NEW Effective Outdoor 2019: For non-league tournament/academy players wishing to participate in tournaments including provincials, the home zone has first right of refusal to register for the tournament in question. If another zone wishes to permit the player in question, they must receive approval from the home zone Technical Director. It is not permissible for the requesting organization to contact the player directly.
NON-LEAGUE REGISTRATION FEES:
- All Players -- $45 each
- All Team Personnel -- $10 each
The above guidelines have been approved by the SYSI Board in principle and may be subject to change. If you have any questions please contact (306) 975-3412 or through email at email@example.com.